When ever the temperature in the surrounding goes low I starts sneezing. What is the required treatment?

Poor

Nephrologist
Question
when ever the temperature in the surrounding goes low I am started sneezing. Getting it regularly in the morning and night.
Posted Fri, 10 Aug 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 10 minutes later
Hello

Thanks for the query

I would like to know more about the present situation in order to help you better

1. Does the symptom get better during the day?
2. Did it happen last year as well?
3. Any history of fever?
4. Any cough or watering of the eye as well?
5. Any new carpetting,curtains,pets or bed spread in the house?

Please get back to me soon, I am awaiting your reply

I wish you good health

Follow-up: When ever the temperature in the surrounding goes low I starts sneezing. What is the required treatment? 13 minutes later
When I sleep under the fan even in the after noon, that would start with an itch inside the nose and started sneezing, I am walking to office early morning at 5.30, the chillness outside is not causing the problem. Office is Air conditioned. intermittently once in a while in some days i faced problem there also during day time. I have been traveling from bangalore to Trivandrum recently, stayed there for couple of days. no matter where I am I get this. while traveling the bus was so chill but I did not sneezed whole night. only morning and evening( before 9)
2. Did it happen last year as well?
No this kind of issue is first time for me. No allergic reaction to anything before.
3. Any history of fever?
Not recently. not with this problem
No, From last couple of days my left eye is started itching all the time.
Nasal flow is high during this sneezing time, It stabilses within half an hour. Lets say a half an hour cold. After that i am perfectly fine.
No changes, all same nothing added, I am staying with couple of my friends. They dont have any of these symptoms. Tried cleaning the room and bed sheets as the first step. Environment changed when I was travelling.

I switched to regular hot water bath for couple of months, will that cause an allergy to temperature changes?

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 5 minutes later
Hello

Thanks for the detailed reply

It looks like you are suffering from allergic rhinitis which is very common especially in Bangalore. It is because of the weather and also the pollens from the environment.
I suggest you take a course of anti histaminics like fexofenadine for a week, please approach a physician for the same.
Avoid cold beverages and direct air from fan or ac. Keep yourself warm at all times. Avoid being out late at nights or early in the mornings.

I hope I have answered your query, please accept my answere if there are no further ones

I wish you good health