What to do if have delayed periods and slight cramps after unprotected sex and had ipill to avoid it?

My periods got over on the 3rd november last month. I had unprotected sex 5 days after my periods got over last month (on the 8th) and my partner didn't come in also. I was to have my periods around the 28th of November. However, it is Dec 3rd and I am still not chumming. I had an I-pill on the morning of december 1st to avoid pregnancy after an intercourse a night before. I have been getting slight crams since the past 2 days along with white discharge. Why are my periods delayed? Please advice! Thanks!
Posted Sun, 22 Dec 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 14 hours later
By taking this I pill you have complicated your body further. pl do beta hcg (blood preg test) if its negative wait for 5 days if still ko periods take tab morethisterone 10 mg twice a day for 7 days and then wait for next 7 days your periods should come . if not pl repeat the beta hcg. since you are in a regular relationship it's better to take regular contraceptive pills as I pills and withdrawal technique is very unsafe
Follow-up: What to do if have delayed periods and slight cramps after unprotected sex and had ipill to avoid it? 22 hours later
Thank you doctor! It was helpful. I have a follow up question. I did do a pregnancy test on December 1st with the help of a pregnancy test kit at home and it was negative. I also did another pregnancy test with the kit at home this morning with the first urine sample of the day and it was negative too. There is a decrease in the while discharge and I am getting regular crams. Will I still have to take the medications that you have recommended or will I get my regular period with time? Is there any possibility that I can be pregnant? Should I consult a gynaecologist at this time? Or, should I wait for a few more days? What should be my next course of action? Please advice! Thanks in advance!
Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 13 hours later
Brief Answer: Both options ok Detailed Answer: the cycle got delayed due to pill. now both options are open either to do blood preg test and if neg to wait or else take the hormones to get periods. both are ok. at this point no other test is required. if you think your pain could be something else pl do an ultrasound
Follow-up: What to do if have delayed periods and slight cramps after unprotected sex and had ipill to avoid it? 32 hours later
me: Thank you doctor! You have been a great help! Last follow up question. I got few drops of blood along with the usual white gummy discharge since morning. But it is not like how it usually is in periods. Is this an indication that I am now down or is it an effect of taking the contraceptive pill? Could you please suggest what exactly is this now? Do I need to worry or will I get my normal periods with some more time? Thanks in advance!
Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 12 hours later
Brief Answer: Response of I pill Detailed Answer: most probably it's the response of I pill . it's still advisable to do beta hcg and if negative to wait till normal cycles next time . till then pl keep repeating urine preg test