What should be the TSH level during pregnancy?

Hi Doctor, am on TTC since 2 years. Had thyriod tests. My TSH Level is 6.17 on 1st Feb 2014. I have been suggested to take Thyronorm 50 mcg with empty stomach in the morning.After the medication,TSH level came down to 2.4 by 19th March 2014.Is this a normal level to achieve pregnancy? Any additional care required on diet? I am suffering with severe neck pain from past few months whenever am stressed. Is it a symptom of Thyriod disorders? If yes, suggest or guide me on the medication. And I don't know this is something i can tell or not, but just wanted to clarify about it. I used to suffer uncomfortable in throat and get dry cough for an hour whenever I laugh loudly and whenever I cry more.I feel that my throat is sensitive.
Posted Thu, 27 Mar 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Still need to adjust the dose for pregnancy. Detailed Answer: Dear XXXX, Hi! TSH of 2.4 uIU/ml is otherwise normal. but for pregnancy you need more tight control. so you need to increase the dose to 75 mcg. neck pain can be because of muscle soreness due to hypothyroidism. you can take pregabaline 75mg/d, once a day at night. along with vitamin b12 and vitamin D. sore throat or dry throat can be due to thyroid imbalance again. so first make your dose 75 mcg, supplement vitaminb12 1500mcg, vitamin D 60,000IU, once a week, and calcium 500 mg /d. repeat your thyroid status after 6 weeks and let me know. Regards!
Follow-up: What should be the TSH level during pregnancy? 4 hours later
Thanks doctor for detailed explanation. I have 50 mcg tablets, can I take 1 and 1/2 tablet to use 75 mcg? pregabaline 75 mg/d - how long i should take? only when there is a pain? vitaminb12 1500mcg, vitamin D 60,000IU - once a week(sunday) calcium 500 mg /d - Is it 1 per day?
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 8 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes ma'm you got all right answers. Detailed Answer: Dear ma'm Hi! you can take 1 and 1/2 tab together early morning empty stomach. pregastar 75 mg once a day for at least 21 days. calcium 500 mg per day, b12 once a day and vit d once a week. regards!