What precaution should be taken if bitten by an unvaccinated dog?

What will i do if dog bite me without untivirous? I have an unti tetanus valine, I'm a nurse 22yrs of age
Posted Sun, 4 Nov 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 40 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

If a dog who has not been vaccinated bites you then the further course of action shall depend on:
1. If the dog is a pet one and can be observed then nothing needs to be done. If the dog starts biting others without provocation or dies within 7 days then anti-rabies injection need to be taken.
2. If the dog is a stray one and cannot be observed, you should take anti-rabies injections.

It is good that you had your tetanus shots.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back in case you need any clarification or want to share any facts regarding this query.

Wishing you all the best.