Can I get rabies when bitten by cockatoo ad applied peroxide and Neosporin?

I was bit today by my neighbor's cockatoo. Broke the skin, I washed it put peroxide and Neosporin on. can I get rabies from the bite ?
Posted Fri, 27 Dec 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Farah Hussain 1 hour later
Brief Answer: rabies not caused by cockatoo bite. Detailed Answer: Hello there; Rabies is viral disease caused due to transmission of the virus from the infected animals especilly dogs to the humans. cockatoo bite will not cause rabies .do not worry. Take care
Follow-up: Can I get rabies when bitten by cockatoo ad applied peroxide and Neosporin? 26 minutes later
Thank you, Doctor XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Farah Hussain 22 hours later
Brief Answer: im pleased Detailed Answer: You are write to us in future.