What medicine can I take for calcium deficiency while taking thyroid medication?

Hi madam i am person who asked few days ago question regarding the Graves disease and the dosage related problem. I had to ask like i am having the calcium deficiency in the body owing to the thyroid pills dosage for the long term.I was asked by my company doctor to take the Calcirol XXXXXXX But the probelm still persist.I had taken the dosage for few days and stopped it.Basically i went to doctor after i had the pain in the knees.kindliy tell me what next shud be the dosage and how much time will it take to recover.I ahve to be onsite to US in next month i m worried since there the temperature is goin to low as 1 degrees
Posted Wed, 22 Jan 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Calcium upto 1 gm/d, vit D 60,000IU once a week Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX Hi! I remember having a discussion with you. As to calcium supplement, you must take a drug with elemental calcium 1g . As there is no brand with this high calcium you can take twice a day something like calcimax forte which has 500 mg of elemental calcium. Vitamin D should be taken 60,000 IU once a week night time. it will require a minimum of 12 weeks regular treatment. Regards!