What is the small red circle in my swollen vagina?

Hello, Two months ago I noticed something swollen in my vagina. I went to the gynecologist and he told me I had Bartolinitis, so I decided to have a surgery in the doctor's office that same day. I had some discharge after that but I went to work the second day. Then, I went back to the doctor's office and he told me I had to lay in bed. I stayed home for 5 days. I never had any pain and I don't have any discharge now. I have diabetes and I still have a small stitch (I think). It's a small round and red circle and I notice that my vagina is still swollen. The doctor told me that I should wait about 6 weeks. It has been 60 days and I don't think it's already healed. The doctor already gave me the release. Please, let me know if this happens because I have diabetes? I don't use insuline, only metformin 500 mg twice a day. Thank you
Posted Mon, 27 Jan 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: Can be due to inflammation. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. The persistent swelling in the vagina even after the removal of the infected gland could be related to a local inflammation in the area. This can be related to diabetes also. You need to monitor your blood glucose levels regularly and see if these are well controlled. A persistent infection is not likely in the area since there is no pain or discharge. You can take some anti inflammatory medicines Serratiopeptidase and do a hot fomentation in the area and see if these measures help. If the swelling still persists it is best to consult your gynecologist for a physical examination. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL
Follow-up: What is the small red circle in my swollen vagina? 58 minutes later
Thank you very much for your help. Please, how many times for the hot fomentation in the area?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Brief Answer: You are welcome. Detailed Answer: Hello. Thanks for writing again. You can do a hot fomentation twice daily for 10 minutes each and see if there is any improvement in a week. Hope my answer is helpful. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health. Regards