What is the reason for pain and burning in the chest?

I have slight chest pain on the left/right side and center of chest. Also burning in chest when sleeping. Feels like something moving. Slight pain in left arm.
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later

The pain in the chest specially while lying down can be there due to multiple reasons but at your age there are three possibilities that are coming to my mind-
1. Oesophageal reflux- happens due to entry of gastric contents into the esophagus causing its inflammation. Pain more common if patient lies down immediately after having meals. This seems to be the most likely cause in your case .
2. Pleuritis- inflammation of the membrane lying over the lungs.
3.Chest wall muscular spasm - due to injury or overwork.
All these conditions can only be ruled out after careful examination and some investigations by a physician.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. If there are additional concerns, I am available for your followups.