Have sleeping problems, attention, and anxiety. What can I do?

Dec 2014

Have sleeping problems, attention, and anxiety. What can I do? I honestly have no health issues other than occasional muscle spasms.
Posted Wed, 4 Dec 2013 in Sleep Disorders
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Hello Detailed Answer: Welcome to XXXXXXX You are a 37 years old male with no significant medical history with history of ADHD in past for which Ritalin was given. Currently you are having poor sleep, anxiety and poor concentration. See although such symptoms can occur due to continuation of ADHD but anxiety is not so common. As per my opinion anxiety is causing loss of sleep and attention problems in your case. You should consult a Psychiatrist for detailed evaluation. Anxiety can be treated with medicines as well as with non-medicinal treatment. Medicines like SSRIs and SNRIs are commonly used. These drugs improve serotonin transmission in brain and help to treat anxiety. The medicines are free of serious side effect. Once you get improvement in anxiety then the sleep problems will also improve. Non medicinal treatment like Behavior therapy, relaxation exercises also result in improvement. Meditation also result in improvement. Please provide me details of your symptoms so that I can provide you exact management of your problems. Thanks, you can ask more questions in follow up.