Can Arthrodine help in chronic back pain for spinal stenosis?

ENT Specialist
Is Arthrodine a natural product? Can it help my father in his 80's , for pain r/t spinal stenosis, with chronic back pain.
Will this medication interfere with other medications?
How long will he have to be on this natural medication, before or if he starts feeling relief. I usually tries medications for a few days and reports to me that it did not work, or could not tolerate the side effects. Is this medication truly a natural product? Will it effect him, due to taking a baby aspirin daily.
Posted Fri, 4 Oct 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes, it has a role in muscular pains.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for the query.

Arthrodine is a natural product, it is a product of Ayurvedic medication. This is not frequently used drug as it may cause dryness.

but it has a role in chronic muscular pains irrespective of site. it may be spine, neck, calf muscles etc.

it usually acts periphally without crossing the blood brain barrier, means it is safe with minimal side effects.

you will have to take plenty of water with seasonal fruits for its beneficial effects.

you can consult some Ayurvedic doctor for its dosage and duration. but it is effective only after at least few weeks of its use.

Hope this will help you and I am ready for future follow ups.
Follow-up: Can Arthrodine help in chronic back pain for spinal stenosis? 1 hour later
Will this natural product have any effect on the medications, that he is currently taking.
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
No effect

Detailed Answer:
Hi again, well there is no interaction between Arthridine and any class of medications.