What is the issue if my groin is burning and itching?

Age: 42
Height: 5'9
Weight: 85kg
I'm a male with the above particulars. My problem has been burning and itching in my groin area including the textiles and the anus. Sometimes I get painful blisters which turn s into lesions. I have tried everthing for the last 5 years and now I'm losing it as it is affecting my sexual life. My wife also gets discharges that are like sour milk but she doen't seem to be burning and itching like me. What is the issue doctor and what can you recommend?
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Men's Health
Follow-up: What is the issue if my groin is burning and itching? 5 minutes later
In the last 25years, i have suffered shoulder pains which sometimes progrss to the left side of the neck, giving headaches on the left side. It feels like the whole side sometimes is in flames especially if stressed out. what can this be?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

The burning and itching around your genitalia can be due to-

1.Heavy sweating of the area-The moisture causes your groins to itch. Too much dirt has many tiny particles that build up and make you uncomfortable. You need to wash the area properly with warm soapy water and let it dry properly.

2. Scabies- it is a bug infestation and the main symptom is itching. An examination by dermatologist will help in the diagnosis.Recurrence is common if not treated properly.

3.Allergy- may be to a soap or cosmetic product to toilet paper you use very often. Try to avoid all such things for a while see if it gets relieved.

4. Eczema- Again itching, dryness and red spots appear due to itching. An examination from your dermatologist will confirm the diagnosis and will prescribe the drugs best for you.Many a times it has got a seasonal association also.

Meanwhile you can apply calamine lotion and a steroid(cortisone) based antiseptic cream on the area for symptomatic relief.

You can also take Benadryl or Actifed orally for the itching.

Your wife most likely has a vaginal yeast infection and needs to consult a gynecologist for treatment.

The pain in shoulder and neck can be a frozen shoulder or cervical spondylosis. An X-ray of neck and shoulder will help in diagnosis.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.