What is the dose of birth control pills used to prevent pregnancy?

I got my periods last month on the 19th. My doctor advised to start XXXXXXX pills after menstrual cycle. So i started having the pills from 24th. But again i didnt read the information given alongwith the pills that we need to have the pills regardless of intercourse on that day. I used to have the pills only when i had intercourse, so as of today i have had around 7 pills. Also since we just got married we are in the inital stage of intercourse and so he has not ejaculated in me till now.
Please advice as to how should i continue taking the pills and also about when should i go with the 7 day pill free schedule.
Posted Mon, 25 Feb 2013 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 29 minutes later

XXXXXXX is a birth control pill used to prevent pregnancy.

Following is the schedule for XXXXXXX pill:

1. Take one pill at the same time every day from first day of your period until the
pack is empty (i.e. 21 days)
2. Do not skip pills even if you are spotting or bleeding between monthly periods
Do not skip pills even if you do not have sex very often.
3. Take no tablets for the last 7 days, and then begin the next pack .

Now since you have not received XXXXXXX pills regularly, Please discard the packet.
Use back up method like condom till you get your next period.
Start fresh pack from day 1 of your next periods.

Hope I have answered both your queries. I will be glad to help if you have any further doubts.

Regards and take care.
Dr Nilofer