What is the chance of being pregnant after ovulation?

Question
pregnancywhat r the chance of me being pregnant after ovulation and can u ovulate with the depo or right after
Posted Mon, 29 Apr 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

Ovulation occurs around 14th day (28 day cycle) in every menstrual cycle unless some birth control measures like hormonal pills are being employed.

Intercourse attempted 2 days around the ovulation day has higher chances of pregnancy. Ovum (egg) survives for two days after ovulation that can occur a day or two around 14th day depending on the regular length of the cycles.

If you have employed hormonal birth control measure like Depot injections, ovulation is less likely to occur and hence pregnancy is nearly impossible.

Hope I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.

Follow-up: What is the chance of being pregnant after ovulation? 2 days later
can u ovulate with out a period .can u get pregnant without a period

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 16 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

If you are not getting periods it indicates there may not be ovulation occurring. If ovulation is not occurring then there are no chances of pregnancy.

Hope, I cleared your doubt.

Follow-up: What is the chance of being pregnant after ovulation? 13 hours later
I was told I was ovulating on the 22nd by a lady who did an ultrasound for me but have not had a period since or before she told me

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 14 hours later

If you had ovulation on 22nd, you will have periods exactly 14 days after the ovulation.