What is causing stomach ache during vagina discharge or sex?

Question
i m 22 years and i have been under medical examination and treatment for heavy bleeding during my periods from june2010 to november 2010 i took medicine M2 Tone twice a day and tablet diane35 for 3 months.my hormonal tests are normal.i took medicine for the alcer which is on the face of my uterus.by taking medicine betadine vagincally for 3 months now my doctor told me that me alcer is alright.but there is lot of unhealthy
discharge and suggested me tablet duphaston bp which i have to start on the 15th day LMP.myLMP was on 18th april and i started dupaston on 3rd may.i had been suffering from stomach ache whenever my vagina discharged or i had sex with my boyfriend. and my weight is putting on and on.my periods r either for1day or for2 day with very light flow. pls help
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Sapan J. Pandya 53 minutes later

It seems that you might be suffering with Vaginitis(infection of Vagina). The most common cause is Candidial infection. The other possibilities could be bacterial infection like Trichomonas, Chlamydiae. It can be differentiated by colour of discharge, physical appearance in the vagina and by specific investigations.

The symptoms produced by Candidial infection of Vagina are spasmodic pain in lower abdomen, pain during intercourse and foul smelling discharge from Vagina. The best treatment for Candidial infection of Vagina would be Oral Antifungal medications and Vaginal pessary containing Betadine (which you were using previously) in combination with Topical Antifungal medications.

Tab. Duphaston contains Dydrogesterone, which is a progestrogen hormone. It tends to temporarily increase weight and reverses gradually when the drug is discontinued.

You may take a second opinion from other Gynecologist, who might prescribe you medications for candidial infection or any other accordingly and would discontinue Tab. Duphaston. Tab XXXXXXX 35 mg (which you were already taking) would be a better option instead of Tab. Duphaston for minimal bleeding.

Hope this answers your query. In case of any doubts, I am available for the follow ups.

Follow-up: What is causing stomach ache during vagina discharge or sex? 10 hours later
proper bleeding is not coming during my periods .pls suggest me for this .

Answered by Dr. Sapan J. Pandya 3 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for writing back.

You may take Tab XXXXXXX 35 mg (which you were already taking) from 5th day of your menstrual period for at least three months.

You could take an opinion on doing the same after discussing this with your doctor. This would be helpful in regularizing your cycles .

Wish you good health