What happens in threatened miscarriage?

I have had 3 events of heavy bleeding and passing of a lot of clots. I went to the ER and they said it was a threaten miscarriage. I had a follow up 2days later and heard the heart beat. They said the baby and we're low in the uterus but healthy. My hcg level went from 11488 to >15000 but did not double in 24-48hrs even though it increased and my progesterone level is a 6. I am 7 weeks 5 days what does all this mean? I am also taking 25mg of progesterone and on bed rest. They said I was miscarrying and then said the baby was fine. Can u explain this information?
Posted Fri, 31 Jan 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: threatened miscarriage Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX You were diagnosed correctly. What you had seems to be threatened miscarriage - you still are at a risk for a miscarriage . Your hcg levels should be higher than hormones15000. It may be increasing but not adequately . If your levels don't increase within the next week properly then the risk remains . You will need to be monitored closely . You have heard the fetal heart beat so you still have a viable pregnancy . But you will need to be monitored closely with ultrasound and hcg over the next week. I also think you need a higher dose of micronised progestrone . At least 100 to 200 mcg . And absolute bed rest . No intercourse . Please discuss with your treating doctor. Let me know if you need any more clarifications. Regards