What does mild scrotum pain indicate?

HIV AIDS Specialist
hello I am a 34 year old male who approx. 2 weeks ago had a one night stand with a woman, it was protected sex. no oral. about 5 days ago I started to have some mild scrotum pain, no pain in the testicale I can move and touch the testical with no pain, no pain from touching the scrotum either, but when I lay around or sit I get a mild pain mainly in the left side of the scrotum. I work in an indursty requiring heavy lifting ect. the pain has remained steady for the most part but today seems slightly more, am I worrying too much think I may have gotten an std or what would a possible cause be
Posted Thu, 6 Feb 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 33 minutes later
Brief Answer: Possibility of Epididymitis is likely. Detailed Answer: HI, Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for posting your query. As you had protected exposure there is not much of chance for STD. Your symptoms denote that you are likely to have Epididymitis. Inflammation of Epididymis, a structure where Vas Deferens started and it is situated just above and laterally over testis. There are so many other reasons for Epididymitis other than STD like Tuberculosis, UTI, Filariasis etc. If you could consult a surgeon , he will examine you and with necessary investigations, he will able to tackle your problem of scrotal pain. GET well soon. Dr S.Murugan
Follow-up: What does mild scrotum pain indicate? 7 minutes later
thanks for the reply as I am away on work right out of the country is this something that if untreated for the next month will get worse or will it stay the same. also any hom estyle remedy for this I hate to say like cranberry juice or anything. I can always try to see a doctor over here too. thanks
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: No harm in delay in treatment for a month. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Welcome back. Epididymitis of STD origin may likely to flare up with short duration. As yours is not likely of STD origin and likely to be due to other causes, it may remain like this for months together. If the nuisance is bearable for you there is no harm in getting treated after a month. There is no much of home remedies for this condition. Drink plenty of fluids and water. That will clear the UTI. Avoid travel in two wheeler and highly jerky vehicles and travel on bad roads which will aggravate your condition. No abstinence from sex is necessary, but protected intercourse is recommended till you get cured completely. Dr S.Murugan