Ask a Urologist   »  

What could cause tiny red dot inside the urethra accompanied by burning sensation?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Hi. I'm just worried about one tiny red dot inside my urethra, it's been there for four days now. I do feel burning sensation and it's driving me crazy because I can't wait for another four days to get my blood, urine and swab results. 10 days ago had unprotected intercourse, spoke to her and she is saying that she is all clean. Doctor gave me canesten cream but it doesn't seem to help at all. Btw I have been paranoid with herpes disease and this time I'm really thinking that this could be it. Finding it very hard to sleep due to anxity and can't stop thinking about burning sensation. Went to doctor two days ago and asked for strong antibiotic in case it's a chlamydia problem but not feeling any improvement. Any thoughts? Thank you.
Posted Sat, 11 Jan 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Fatbardha Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Kindly send photo of your itchy red dotted genital Detailed Answer: Hi, Could you please send in any photo of your current red dot inside your urethra? It could help me assist you further! Meanwhile, I strongly suggest to perform the tests including blood, urine and genital swab. Tiny red spots could be related to : - infections (including STDs or other non-STDs infections) - hair follicle infections You are taking the right medications and will run the right tests. So, try to relax and not feeling anxious as this is not the best way to resolve your problems. I'd advise to: - take good hygiene of your genitalia - wash your genitalia with chamomile tea - dry them thoroughly and apply the cream as directed by your doctor - have the medications as directed regularly - do not have sex until improvement - always take measures to have protected sex Looking forward to have photo of your current problems! Kindly make sure could be clearer to assist you further! Dr.Bardha
Follow-up: What could cause tiny red dot inside the urethra accompanied by burning sensation? 2 hours later
Thank you dr, Please see my attached images.
Answered by Dr. Fatbardha Sejdini 15 hours later
Brief Answer: Your reports-most probable genital thrush... Detailed Answer: Hi dear, I have seen your reports and the red spot you are referring to is more alike to a genital thrush. However, the tests you will run will determine the right diagnosis. Apart the earlier advice, I'd suggest to get your partner (if you have only one) checked (urine analysis, vaginal swab testing and blood work). If you have multiple partners, I'd suggest to always have protected sex. Please bare in mind that sometimes, some types of latex condoms would cause allergic reactions. Feel free to ask me other questions you might have! Dr.Bardha