What causes rashes looking like little square patches on stomach?

Hi, I have a rash on my stomach, it looks like little square patches. I doesn't itch and there are no blisters but it won't go away. What do you think it is and how should I treat it. I was at the dermatologist 3 week ago for a rash on my stomach, They attributed that to a new detergent stopped using detergent and used triamcinolone acetonide ointment .1% and it went away and then this rash showed up totally different from the other one. Thanks
Posted Sat, 11 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: Pictures required Detailed Answer: Hi See I would like to have a look at the exact skin lesions that you have. Please click some close up pictures of the exact skin lesions and upload them here on this page. You can also mail them at YYYY@YYYY with heading as ref to Dr Geetika Paul. I am sure I would be able to help you more once I have a look at the exact skin lesions. Dr Geetika Paul
Follow-up: What causes rashes looking like little square patches on stomach? 42 hours later
I sent the pictures 2 days ago to YYYY@YYYY and have not heard back from you. I put you name in the heading as requested.
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Pityriasis rosea Detailed Answer: Hi I have seen the attached pictures. The rash that you have is pityriasis rosea. Now this is basically a self limiting type of skin diseases It can cause development of round to oval red skin lesions over mainly the trunk, upper arms and thighs. Now the important thing is that it is a self limiting disease. This means that there can be development of New lesions till six to eight weeks . The skin lesions tend to appear in crops. These can sometimes be associated with itching. But these lesions are non contagious. The lesions will heal themselves in the above mentioned time. Now only if the lesions are symptomatic, that is, if there is any associated discomfort or itching, then you can apply a topical steroid cream containing cortisone over the lesions twice a day. If there is no itching, then you can leave the lesions as such. These take time to completely heal and will do so by themselves. Just make sure you do not apply any irritants over them in the form of dettol or savlon. Hope it helps Please ask if you have any other query Dr Geetika Paul