What causes odour after hysterectomy with bladder is held up with pelvic tape?

I have noticed that I seem to have an ordor. But I don't have any discharge. Just smell and don;t feel like I am getting cleaned good. I had a hysteroctrectomy several years ago and hav a pelvic tape in to hold up my bladder. My insursance says I don't need a pap test if I have never had an abnormal pap test in my life. I don't like going to the Dr for this kind of thing but am considering that next week.
Posted Sat, 21 Dec 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hygiene rehabilitation, prophylaxis antimicrobes Detailed Answer: hello there! Thank you for asking, Age of 67 has its geriatric restrictions, hormonal insufficiency which lead to complaints like this. if there is no discharge and just odor/ foul smell then you just need hygiene therapy and a little prophylaxis of antibacterial and anti mycotics. And if your pap smear has not been abnormal then you need not any. Use cranberry juices 10 to 12 ounces a day. Avoid soaps or perfumes etc as they increase the troubles. Use hypoallergenic hygiene therapy gels like Biomousse Gels and rinse it like a shampoo. hygiene reconsideration with proper clean ups are necessary Use good toilet habits, Wipe front to back unidirectional, Use some topical clobetasones propionates As estrogen deficiency leads to thinning of the area and prone to troubles like that. use garlic and increase its intake. Use sitz baths for relief and comfort. with pivodine keep wearings clean and tidy with daily dressings. Wash the area with saline water daily using some garlic and deodorant douches available over the counters. if there are incontinence issues they need to be addressed as they cause these symptoms. Use topical clotrimazole cream before bedtime. Take metronidzole 400 mg twice a day for 7 to 10 days after consultation with a doctor. Best of all is to see the Geriatric gynecologist to sort out the etiology for you. Good Luck Madam and i hope I was of some help. If you have any more queries, please feel free to ask , I would love to answer, otherwise kindly close the discussion and rate the answer as per your experience, Regards S Khan