What causes intermenstrual spotting?
User rating for this question
hi my periods are irregular. now i have a problem.every day by noon i have four to five drops of blood coming out and then stops for the rest of the day. this is being happening for the past 10 days kindly advice. my last periods was in the begin of December.
Posted Mon, 17 Feb 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: Cause to be treated Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. The possible causes for spotting are: -Hormonal imbalance leading to intermenstrual spotting. -Ovulatory bleeding -Thyroid hormonal abnormalities -Prolactin levels abnormalities -Local causes like cervical erosion, polyps etc. So, once consult gynecologist, get examined and go for investigations like: Ultrasound Hormonal profile including estrogen, progesterone, FH and LH. Thyroid profile Prolactin levels estimation etc. With this workup the possible cause for your problem can be identified and treated. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.
Follow-up: What causes intermenstrual spotting? 25 minutes later
Hi Doc thanks for your answer. I wanna know if u can prescribe some tab to stop the spotting for the time being. I am working in Chennai and my native is ooty ill be going to my native next month and will consult our family doc to take the test u have suggested. i don't wanna a consult a doc in an unknown place that's y. let me know if there is any temporary solution that can stop my problem for the time being
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 17 hours later
Brief Answer: Antifibrinolytic drug Detailed Answer: Hi, It is not correct to give the treatment without knowing the underlying cause that is responsible for the problem. If you don't want to undergo investigations now, you can just take symptomatic treatment with local doctor. Usually in our clinic we prescribe antifibrinolytic drugs like tranexamic acid for this type of complaint. Better to take with your doctor's advice. Take care.
People also viewed
- What causes intermenstrual spotting
- Will clear nail polish remove skin tags
- Will an angiogram cause nerve damage
- What causes intermenstrual bleeding
- What causes spots on chin
- What causes spots on cheeks
- Does scanty periods or spotting means pregnancy
- What causes spots
- Good hospital for hysterectomy through laparoscopic
- Will preparation h get rid of hemorrhoids
- Does sex before menstrual due date induce menses
- What diet should be maintained after a myomectomy surgery
- Will mineral oil induce labor
- How to avoid stress during periods
- Will kidney stones make my bladder feel full