What causes hot flashes when suffering from heart disease?

Cardiologist, Interventional
I need an opinion from a cardiologist. I have atrial fib, a pace maker and artial stenosis I had a stress test last week that could not be compleated due to interference from my pacemaker and am scheduled for a lexiscan on february 10.; New symptom hot flashes while at rest in a chair. I am almost 80 years old,
Posted Thu, 20 Feb 2014 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 34 hours later
Brief Answer: Need clarification Detailed Answer: Is hot flashes only symptom or do you have any other symptoms like chest pain, breathless. If no other symptoms it is less likely to related to cardiac and we need to look at other causes especially thyroid. What are the medications you are on and when you say arterial stenosis where exactly/in which artery is the stenosis? Please get back to me with these details.
Follow-up: What causes hot flashes when suffering from heart disease? 13 hours later
I have aortic steosis. I believe my cardiologist said the valve is stiff. I am on Rhythmol 325mg every 12 hours. While on the exercise bike, my puse has gotten to 198.
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 6 hours later
Brief Answer: heart rate response seems abnormal Detailed Answer: Hi, Your exercise response is more than usual. You need to check if there is any arrhythmia or pacemaker malfunction on exercise. If either of them is noted needs correction. If none and you have this problem them you need to enter into exercise rehabilitation programme and that should help you. Please get back to me if any other doubts. Also if your aortic stenosis is severe you need to have exercise consultation as you may have to avoid certain exercises. Regards,