What causes ear and eye pain after a brain surgery?

I had brain surgery for 2 annies in April on the left. My right side now has ear pain, some pain in my temple and check and eye. My jaw is still really tight on the left where I had the surgery. What is causing the ear and eye pain, can it be a nerve and if so which nerve
Posted Wed, 15 Jan 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hello Detailed Answer: Welcome to XXXXXXX It can be trigeminal nerve.Your symptoms arise suspicion of trigeminal neuralgia. Ideal way to know cause of the pain would be to get a latest MRI done. A clinical evaluation can also help confirm the diagnosis. Once diagnosis is confirmed treatment can be planned.Most cases are treated with medications and few need surgery. So see a neurologist and get clinical evaluation done. Please ask if there are doubts.Regards.
Follow-up: What causes ear and eye pain after a brain surgery? 40 minutes later
Since I Have clips that are safe for a 1.5 tesla MRI machine... am I really safe for that procedure. I had an appointment and could not even get into the door I was stuck with pure fear. I know that my clips are actually safe for the 3.0 as well. I will not be hurt by the MRI will I? Also I have had 3 pet scans for pheo's, 6 ct scans of my brain and I am concerned about the radiation. What do you think.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hello Detailed Answer: If clips are MRI compatible then no need to worry.You can speak to doctor who did clipping and also speak with manufacturer of clips so that you feel assured. Ct scans will not help in evaluating nerve. And after so many CT scans , radiation is a surely a concern.So better avoid it or keep it reserve for future.