What causes difficulty conceiving?

Infertility Specialist
Am married for 2years 8months now. My wife had to suffer from miscarriage once in the month of June 2013. The doctor advised us not to try for a baby for 3months which we followed. Since October last we have been trying for a baby but in vain. Last month my wife did go through Follicular study scan which suggested it was all normal. Now I want to get myself examined to check if everything is OK with me. Please suggest. Thanks.
Posted Thu, 27 Mar 2014 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Semen analysis. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to HCM. For fertility evaluation of male partner generally we start with semen analysis (sample to be given after 2-3 days of sexual abstinence). If semen analysis report is normal, normally no further investigation is needed. Kindly get it done from any standard lab (preferably from IVF center if possible, as those labs generaly maintain high quality of standards) & get back with report for further guidence. Regards.