What are the side effects of taking Flucloxacillin?

What are the side effects of taking the 500mg capsule of Flucloxaciillin sodium ca ?
Posted Sat, 23 Jun 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 2 hours later

I will try my best to provide you with best possible professional recommendations to your questions.

Common adverse drug reactions associated with the use of flucloxacillin are diarrhoea, nausea, rash, urticaria, pain and inflammation at injection site, superinfection (including candidiasis), allergy, and transient increases in liver enzymes and bilirubin have been noted.

Rarely, cholestatic jaundice,this reaction may occur up to several weeks after treatment has stopped. More common in people >55 years, females, and those with treatment longer than 2 weeks.

Yet again, I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.

Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer