What are the precautions to be taken for tuberculosis of uterus during an intercourse?

Infertility Specialist
hello doctor me & my wife 42 &37 have been married for 2+ yrs My job facilitates fertile meet dates only every alternate month We were advised infertility treatment or running late condition for conceiving. Earlier detection of my wife shows PCOS & she had irregular periods prior to marriage & i could provide u details on this investigation should u so require She also has a thairoid condition & is taking thyronom She also has a whitish-greyish vaginal discharge & its thick noted during intercourse. On earlier stages we were told not to worry about that & were given creams or washes. I reconsidered asking about this condition now that uterine mTB has tested positive We discover in december mid that she has mTB in uterus, determined thru histerscopy & pcr tests. She is currently under akt4 treatment. My queries are: *I am not under medication for TB - what precautions should we take thru the duration of mTB, esp during intercourse, say thru the course of the treatment. coming to think of it we already had unprotected intercourse before & after detection, it was only later that we were advised to use protection * should we get investigated for other forms of tb too, for starts we got her chest x-ray done *what precautions should be bear in mind for a later pregnancy possibility for starts we were advised to go for embryo freezing by our clinic what we have already done. However we have been keen to conceive naturally, & wish to have more than 1 child. We are concerned about the time too as you may note our ages Please advise . Thanks and regards
Posted Sat, 8 Feb 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Age Detailed Answer: Hi I read your query and I understand your concerns. Following is my reply: 1. There are no precautions needed from your side or her side during sex or otherwise as there is no possibility transmission of TB. 2. No need to investigate other forms of TB. This medicines AKT takes care of TB in any other part of body. 3. Go for IVF as soon as treatment is completed. Get embryo transfer done then. Since her age is more and you wish to have more than one child its better to go for IVF as it as better pregnancy rates than natural trying as you dont have much time. 4. You can go for embryo freezing now. That is good as same can be transferred later. Let me know if you have any more questions. Regards Dr. Mahesh Koregol