What are the possible medical conditions that causes pain in stomach and lower back?

Doctor, what are the possible and most likely medical conditions/problems that can be causing these most recent symptoms for me -- which also include slight but persisting aches/pains in stomach and lower back (but I could not include these in my list, because I got an error message that I'd run out of space)? Also, what sort of medical specialist do you recommend I see about these possible conditions? I'm an 81-year-old lucky male survivor (1997 radical prostatectomy and 2001 double coronary by-pass). Thank you, sincerely. -- XXXXX
Posted Wed, 11 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following suggestions... Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXX Thank you for sharing with XXXXXXX your concerns. I have read your medical history of a lucky male survivor. I am glad you are a lucky survivor, and wish health and less problems for the rest of your life. With regards to the pains you are feeling in stomach and lower back, they could be because of: - urine infections or other problems : consult your physician to run urine analysis and urine culture and sensitivity and abdominal ultrasound and kidney functioning tests. - bowel/intestinal problems : consult GI specialist to run fibrogastrscopy and abdominal ultrasound - liver/gallbladder/pancreas problems for which, GI specialist should be consulted and to run liver and pancreas functional tests Hope it answered to your inquiries! Feel free to contact me again at the next follow up if you have additional questions. Dr.Alba