What are the main ingredients in the medication trazodone?

What are the main ingredients that make up the medication trazodone. I would like to know of natural medication for sleep. Thank you.
Posted Sun, 20 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Trazodone is itself a generic name

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.
Trazodone itself is a generic name and it is a single compound of phenylpiperazine class. It is basically a serotonin antagonist and reuptake inhibitor (SARI) antidepressant and helps in sleep as well. Taken in lower doses upto 100mg is useful for sleep.
There are many herbal and ayurvedic preparations for sleep. However the bes therapies are still Doing some physical activity in the morning, cutting down on coffee and tea and alcohol, abstaining form tobacco, having a warm bath before sleep, keeping your sleep place cozy, dim lighting in your room, getting up at a fixed time no matter when you sleep and not trying too heard to sleep, sitting up if you are not getting sleep, doing some reading and going back to bed only when feeling sleepy again.
If the sleep disturbance persists one has to rule out depression or anxiety which can cause sleep disturbance.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Kind regards
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.