What are the findings from the chest Xray report?

I am suffering from dry cough for the last two months and my family doctor recomends for X Ray of chest. In this X ray enlarged nodes reported. After this C.T.scan of chest and abdomin suggested and in this report small B/L hilar nodes with ground glass haze at either lung base with small sub pleaural spetal line with peri bronchiolar cuffing and fine retticulo noduaty in fight. Lung as described in text s/o granulomatous pathology sarcoidosis/tuberculosis, to corelate clinically and in abdomin ct scan dr reported that fatty change liver. Thereafter Dr recomends some blood tests. In this tests creatinine is 0.9 mg/dl, blood urea nitrogen is 8 mg/dl, hb is 14.6, wbc 6.41, neut 66.3 lymph 29 % mono 1.7 eo 2.5, baso 0.5, neut 4.25 lymph imm cells 1.86, plt 244, pdw 18.1, mpv 12.7, p lcr 45.2, pct 0.31, rbc 5.13, hct 44.4, mcv 86.5, mch 28.5 mchc 32.9 rdw sd 45 rdw cv 14.7 and urinary biochem workup 24 hrs is 216 mg/24 hrs. E S R 19 mm ist hr. Montoux test insignifent dia < 5 mm with 5 iu ppd after 48 hrs. Blood sugar fasting 183 . Angiotensin converting enzyme serum ( spectrophotometry) 145.00 U/L . Now dr says u r suffering from sarcodiosis. Here i would like to tell u that two years back i had reactive arthritis then i approached u and u recommends some medicines some steroids and then i was ok now dr says may be this is the cause for that sickness or due to that this occurs. Very confused and also pls recommend me the medicines . I am from jalandhar. I also want to meet u personally
Posted Sun, 5 Jan 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: It is sarcoidosis. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Your symptoms, chest x ray and CT scan findings are suggestive of sarcoidosis. Negative mantoux test also points towards that. It`s a multisystem disorder and i am also of the opinion that the arthritis was due to sarcoidosis as it is known to involve joints. ACE levels also go in favour of sarcoidosis. Your treatment will depend on severity of your symptoms. You need to consult a pulmonologist who can examine you and start you on correct line of treatment. You are most welcome if you want to come for a personal consultation.