What are the chances of returning ulcer due to repeated usage of meth? What cause the congestion?

Question
I understand that repeated use of meth is in no way shape or form at all a smart decision in regards to my health, however, what if after the ulcer goes away, I can't control my craving and I snort a line or two, how damaging would this be?

Would an ulcer return because of repeated usage?

As of right now I do have a bit of a dry mouth, congested throat and chest as well, and a bit of neck pain. I am assuming the dry mouth is caused by dehydration because I have not been drinking water as I have been told to. Not sure if the dry mouth will go away. Will it? Also, what cause the congestion and neck pain?

Depending on how much I have snorted and what tolerance I have to crystal meth, I'm not sure how long it will be in my system, is there anyway I can figure out how long it will be in my system?

Last question, because I have not been a long time meth user, and I don't exactly think that I have done an excessive amount of meth, how severe would you say my withdrawal symptoms will be? Will I need supervision?

Please review and respond as soon as possible, your help is greatly appreciated, thank you.
Posted Thu, 30 Aug 2012 in Drug Abuse

Answered by Dr. Sourav Ganguly 2 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

If you start again, there are lots of long terms effects of Methamphetamine that will occur. Methamphetamine use has a high association with depression and suicide as well as serious heart disease; amphetamine psychosis may lead to schizophrenia in long term, anxiety and violent behaviours. Methamphetamine is not directly neurotoxic but its use is associated with an increased risk of Parkinson's disease.

Yes, there are high probabilities that the ulcer will reappear.

The dry mouth is due to dehydration and it will be normal within 3-4 weeks after stoppage of intake of Methamphetamine.

Neck pain is due to neck vessels congestion and neck muscle spasm.

It depends on person to person, duration, amount of intake but usually it stays 10-14 days in the system.

The withdrawal reaction of Methamphetamine may not be XXXXXXX withdrawal symptoms are common with heavy use and relapse is common. It is not known to be physically addictive. In most cases it takes between twenty four and forty eight hours for the drug to process through a person's system after the last dose is taken. While Crystal Meth withdrawal symptoms can be very intense, they are generally psychological in nature. The addict going through the withdrawal process will experience symptoms of anxiety, agitation, sleeplessness, and intense cravings for the drug.

And most of the patients do not have to go to addiction centre, only moderate dose of benzodiazepine is used to reduce the withdrawal symptoms and home based supervision by family member is needed, but some patients need admission based on the severity of symptoms.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer and write a review.

Wish you good health.

Thanks,
Dr Sourav Ganguly