Weightlifting lifting in old age, well controlled asthma. Try drugs like cialis or viagra?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
i am 59 years old. In reasonably good health. weightlifting train regularly. only health condition of any consequence is mild well controlled asthma. Take one medicition, singulair. Am currently experiencing ED. Am embarrassed to discuss it but is a problem at home. can i recieve a diagnosis and try one of the ed drugs like cialis or viagra with a prescription called in from online? Thanks.
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Erectile Dysfunction

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 7 hours later

Erectile functions are affected by multiple factors - both organic and psychological. Urologist is an ideal person who can investigate for organic causes. You may need battery of test - blood test, ultrasound scans, Doppler study, neurological assessment, etc to identify the cause.

A few medical drugs such as phosphodiesterase inhibitors- viagra / alprostadil have been used for the treatment. But these drugs are prescribed only after ruling out the organic causes for this problem. Both oral medications as well as injections are available to help in maintaining the erection, but these should be taken only under medical supervision after the contraindicating factors have been ruled out. Your urologist will help you in choosing the best agent for you after examining you.

I am sorry; I currently have no legal support to prescribe medicines online. The scripts that an online physician writes are not accepted at your local pharmacy. It is not yet recognized by the American Telemedicine association norms. This is because any pharmacy should enter the physician license number before dispensing the drugs.

I hope you understand my point. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Wish you good health.