Weakness, fell down stairs, body heat, jolts, headaches. Causes ?

Hi, I am a 23 year old Female.. a couple weeks ago I started feeling very weak and fell down the stairs and since then Ive been experiencing dizziness and unusual heat beats and body jolts.. Ive been having headaches in my eyes and every time I blink I have dizziness and nauseous. I am going to see my family Doctor today but I would like a sencond opinion. Thank you.
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 23 minutes later

You are having headache and dizziness along with nausea after the injury. There is no description of the injury. How badly were you hurt? Did you lose consciousness, were you taken to ER? Did you take any medicines for your current symptoms?

There are couple of possibilities in your case.

1.Irregularity in heart beats,may be extra betas,may be some missing beats etc.-When this happen the heart can not pump blood properly so brain does not get proper blood and you have the problem.In case you have abnormality in pulse and if you can appreciate it, this is more likely.

2.Ear Problem:means positional vertigo.In this condition the balance mechanism in ears ,which maintains the body posture gets disturbed due to some reason,and you feel giddy and have tendency to fall and nausea.

Please watch for your heart beats.You can very well appreciate it,if there is any irregularity in it.

Your have taken right decision to visit your doctor. You need to undergo blood pressure check up and an electrocardiogram at least. Further work up depends upon your physical examination.

Please reply me back after your primary doctor's opinion. You can reply within 72 hours for free here with no extra payment. I will be available for follow up.