Was on high risk of gene mutation during pregnancy. Have abdominal pain with a missed period. Pregnant?

Question
My partner and i had unprotected sex a few weeks ago and now im feeling mild abdominal pain i had this same kind of pain when i was pregnant with my son, daughter and with my last pregnancy that resulted in a miscarriage. Im high risk when pregnant due to a gene mutation that cause blood clots and am wondering should i seek medical assistance immediately or should i just wait till after a missed period
Posted Mon, 7 Jan 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 23 minutes later

I would say you need to seek medical attention primarily for the pain at present.Doctor would rule out other causes which can present like this mimicking pregnancy.If any of such cause is found then it would be good to get it treated early.

And if doctor suspects pregnancy or pregnancy related complication in view of previous history then he/she might advice few investigations.Treatment in this cases would be decided after that.

A primary sonography can prove helpful in your case.

Please ask if there are doubts.Regards.

Follow-up: Was on high risk of gene mutation during pregnancy. Have abdominal pain with a missed period. Pregnant? 3 minutes later
thank you

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 0 minute later
You're welcome.

Please ask if there are doubts.Regards.

Thank you.