Ask a Dentist   »  

Want to do Veneers procedure and orthodontic treatment. Have yellow teeth, fillings and acid damage

Dentist, Prosthodontics

I really care for my teeth; and I really wanna hear your opinion about my oral healt; and if you think I have anything to worry about.
I want to do orthodontic treatment; and I would like to do a veeners procedure also. Do you think Im a candidate to that; or do you think it's a stupid Idea ?

I see my teeth a alittle yellow and I have some fillings in my front teeth and maybe alittle acid damage; do you think I should worry ?

sincerely XXXXXXX
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Ramesh B. Hegde 4 hours later

Thank you for the query.

Your overall oral health appears to be good. Following are my comments:

1. You can go for orthodontic treatment so that all the teeth are properly aligned. Following the orthodontic treatment, we can later decide whether you really need the veneers.
2. You may have get your 3rd molars removed as the lower ones are impacted.
3. Your mandibular premolars one on either side is missing, however your orthodontist can give proper suggestion once he examines you clinically.
4. Your upper right lateral incisor [which is marked with arrow in the x-ray] may require root canal treatment.
5. In the x-ray, your mandibular right first molar has secondary decay beneath the restoration, that needs to be examined clinically and decision for re-restoration needs to be taken.
6. The color of your teeth appear to be normal, however after the orthodontic treatment, if you need veneers then the color can be improved otherwise you can go for whitening of teeth.

Hope I have clarified your concerns. If you need further clarifications you are well-come; otherwise kindly accept the answer and close the discussion.

With regards
Follow-up: Want to do Veneers procedure and orthodontic treatment. Have yellow teeth, fillings and acid damage 5 hours later
thank you for your answear.

answear number 4:
The dentist which did the restoration; told me that the tooth was clean. I was to a dentist 2 weeks ago, and he told me that there was nothing wrong with the tooth and didn't need to worry; cause there wasn't any activity.

Could I then be sure about the tooth is clean an secure ?

sincerely XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Ramesh B. Hegde 7 hours later

Yes, when dentist has clinically examined and given opinion about the tooth you can trust. If you develop any mild discomforts like sensitivity get back to dentist for the necessary treatment.

I believe this answers your doubt, if yes kindly accept the answer otherwise you can further clarify with us.

With regards