Vomited after eating grapes, Taken potera-d, rablet. Pricking in throat after swallowing. What is the root cause ?

3 Months back I had a heavy meal at night. After that I ate grapes and slept immediately. Through out the night I was feeling heavy with water coming until mouth. Early morning I vomittted with some eated liquid late night. I went to doctor, he gave me Protera-D medicine for 10 days. I did not see much difference. After that I used Rablet-D for 3 weeks by suggestion of other doctor. My gas problem was recovered. Right after that I was feeling some thing pricking/some thing stuck in my throat after swallowing and burfing(Releasing gas) from my mouth every time. I had used Ciplox TZ along with PAN-D for 3 days. But does not make any difference. Now I am using Augpen 625 tablets twice daily along with Allegra tablets for 5 days by suggestion of Doctor. Doctor said that may be due to acid reflux before there was infection in tonsilis. I was concerned that no doctor has diagnosed properly what problem was. Every doctor I have seen was suggesting me the medicines, but no one was finding out the root cause.
Please kindly suggest me whether I am going in right track or need any actions from me.
Posted Sat, 25 May 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 1 hour later

One of the reasons for your symptoms is of gastroesophageal reflux disease due to H.pylori.

Upper GI endoscopy is the commonest investigation and detection of H.Pylori is made by urea breath test, measurement of antibody levels in blood and detection of urease activity in a biopsy specimen by rapid urease test.

Try raising the head of your bed about four inches with blocks. It also might help to avoid eating or drinking for two hours before you lie down. To help control the stomach acid, one should not drink alcohol or drinks with caffeine in them, or eat chocolate or spicy or greasy foods.

Treatment of choice is by antacids, H2 blockers and PPI inhibitors like Omeprazole and Rabeprazole. Two antibiotics are also generally recommended; this reduces the risk of treatment failure and antibiotic resistance.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.