Varicocele, small hard lumps on head, blurred vision, weight loss. History of bartonella infection. Causes for varicocele?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Hi, I am male 21 years old and have been normally healthy until a moment after someone had apparently poisoned my drink with something weird, as a prank. Lab tests discovered a bartonella infection a year later, which explained all symptoms experienced- except for a developed varicocele, and some small hard lumps around my head. Other than those, I've had a few psychiatric issues along with eye blurring, hair thinning and weight loss (currently I'm on Amoxicillin, which cleared up the eyes immediately). Any ideas about the mysterious two outlying symptoms which have nothing to do with bartonella, would be greatly appreciated.
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 4 hours later

Varicocele is not related to the Bartonella infection and the psychiatric issues. I would suggest that you undergo a doppler ultrasonography of the scrotum to confirm the diagnosis.
Once confirmed, the grade needs to be ascertained. The surgical treatment that is employed would be determined by the grade. It is important to treat this condition as it has the potential to affect your fertility at a later date if it is left untreated.
Regarding the bumps it is difficult to opine from history. A physical examination is required to know the exact location and nature of the lumps.

I would suggest that you consult a surgeon who can evaluate your completely and prescribe appropriate therapy.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.