Vaginal mucus, diagnosed with pinworm, headache, strong ammonia in stool. Suggestions?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I am a 35yr old active housewife,mom of 2. My 3yr old & I were diagnosed with pinworm XXXXXXX 1,2012. I took 1dose Pin-x same day as did my family. I had some interesting worm like objects in stools w/in 24hrs. Had slight loose stools 3-5 times day. Drank alot of h2o. Started with the vaginal mucus and white more solid mucus type 1inch strings. Obviously was infected there too. While waiting on stool sample result, took 1dose again (5days leter) late & started on woodworm, blackwalnut extract & clove herbs. I felt great for 3days. Still taking those 3 herbs daily with my other vitamins in the am. Im writing b/c I get massive headaches every other day and minor ones in between. This never happended before. I had completely changed my lifestyle since seeing I had picked up worms. I have been doing yoga, meditating, eating amost perfectly. Ive cut all artifical sweets & soforth. Today had strong amonia in my stool. Suggestions?
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 6 hours later
The intermittent headaches and strong stool odour that you are having are not likely to be associated with intestinal worm infestation. Pinworm infestation is usually cured by taking two doses of anti helminthic drugs which you have already taken.
Your symptoms might be related to the herbs that you have started taking in the last few days.
I would advise you to stop taking these herbs and continue with your healthy lifestyle for next few days and see if your symptoms show improvement. Taking mild pain killer like double strength acetaminophen will be helpful.
If your symptoms continue or deteriorate then you need to consult your proper examination and treatment.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.