Vaginal discharge after holding urine for too long, lower abdominal cramps

I have vaginal discharge the day after I have held my urine for too long. Is this common? The discharge has no color, no smell and I have no itching or pain when peeing. I do have lower abdominal cramping afterwards. I really can only afford to pay $20.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Women's Health
Follow-up: Vaginal discharge after holding urine for too long, lower abdominal cramps 1 minute later
I thought I was getting an answer now. Why do I have to wait? Please cancel and issue a refund.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Holding urine for too long is not likely to cause a vaginal discharge.
A vaginal discharge with no color, smell or itching is not likely to be due to any vaginal infection. It can be a normal discharge due to vaginal stimulation. Clear and watery discharge can occur postmenopausally and can be particularly heavy after exercising or doing some strenuous physical activity.

This discharge is formed by the normal bacteria and fluids the vaginal cells put off and it can be more noticeable at different times of the month.

I want you to be aware of symptoms like, yellow or XXXXXXX colored discharge, discharge with bad odor, or if it is clumpy or cheese like. Watch out for itching, discomfort, rash or sores along with a vaginal discharge. If you happen to notice any of the above mentioned symptoms, seek instant medical help.

The presence of abdominal cramping can be due to intestinal colic or urinary colic. You need an ultrasound scan of the abdomen done to rule out any urinary pathology like renal calculus.
In case the vaginal discharge is persistent, then you might also need to have a vaginal swab culture done to rule out any vaginal infection.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.