Upper left chest ache, radiating to back, left arm pain, finger tingling

about 5 hours ago I began to have a dull ache in my upper left chest radiating to the same point in my back and my left arm began to ache a little and then feel a little numb and fingers tingle..should I worry?
I am a 33 year old female.
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Heart Attack
Answered by Dr. Sapan J. Pandya 1 hour later

There are very low probabilities of you suffering with an Heart attack. It is rare in young women like you having regular menses suffering an Heart Attack as estrogen(female hormone) is a heart protective hormone. But still it would be better to get an ECG done to rule out any myocardial abnormality.

The typical chest pain of Heart Attack is very severe associated with severe sweating and sometimes difficulty in breathing.

The dull ache present in you along with numbness and tingling of fingers could be due to a nerve compression. It would be better to get examined by an Orthopedician, a X-ray of Cervical spine along with nerve conduction tests might be done.

Hope this answers your query. In case of any doubts, I am available for follow ups.