Unprotected sex, took Levonelle, later had constipation, frequent urination. Normal symptoms?

I had unprotected sex on Tuesday 14th May at approximately 1.30am (early in the morning, after a night out). I went straight to the pharmacy at 9.30am on Tuesday morning and took the Levonelle tablet very soon after that (no later than 10am). Maybe it is just me being paranoid but, since I have felt a quite consistent (more than usual) need to urinate and suffered with slight constipation.
It is impossible for me to rest my body as my job is so physical??
I have not had unprotected sex before or since this so, I am just wondering whether these symptoms are normal?
If you could help me that would be fantastic because I am panicking a little.
Thank you.
Posted Fri, 7 Jun 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Achuo Ascensius 4 hours later
thanks for the query.

your problem is that you had unprotected intercourse and following that you develop frequent urination and constipation.

Well, to start with i will say you have two risks;
-Risk of falling pregnant
-Risk of picking up an infection

Concerning the pregnancy risk, levonelle is effective when taken within the 72 hours following exposure and it is even more effective when taken within the 12 hours following the unprotected intercourse. You did take the levonelle emergency pill within the 12hours following exposure thus the chances of falling pregnant if not zero is very very reduced.

Concerning the infection, it is possible to develop STDs, genital tract infections etc. Such infections could present with repeated need to urinate, pains during urination etc. However, stress can create quite a variety of symptoms that might give the impression of having a disease. That is possible with a symptom like painful urination following sex which is rather due to trauma.

If you still have persistent frequent urination, pains during micturation etc it will imply that you have an infection and you will definitely need a doctor for detail examination and tests such as vaginal smear for microscopy, pH, KOH etc.

Hope this answers your query. If you have further query, i will be glad to help.
Best regards