Unprotected sex. Medication to avoid pregnancy?

I just had sex with my husband unfortunately he did not widraw so what will I do to avoid pregnancy?I need to know now its just a minute we finish sex so I want to know what medicine I will take and what will I do
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 11 minutes later

Unprotected sexual encounters can lead to pregnancy and can be prevented by using emergency contraceptive pill (brand name Plan B/One step/Next Choice) which is available over the counter and is to be taken within 72 hours of intercourse. You do not need a doctor's prescription for the same.

It prevents fertilization and thus pregnancy prevention. You can get it from pharmacy and have it earliest, the sooner the better.

After taking the pill, withdrawal bleeding can be expected within a week time, so do not worry.

The next periods may or may not be delayed by a week time.

Hope this answers your query. Please accept the answer in case you do not have follow up query.