Unprotected sex. Has taken ipill ECP. Had sexual intercourse again. Should I take another ipill?

Question
I am 22 years old, height 5feet 3 inches. I have no disease. I had my sex with my husband last night without using any contraceptive. So, I had taken I-pill after sex. We again have sex today morning. Should I take another pill or that same pill will be effective....?
I m not taking any birth control pill and my periods may come after 4-5 days as per schedule....
Pls help me out........!
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Birth Control

Answered by Dr. Radhika 28 minutes later

You have provided me with good information.

You have had sex once before taking the pill and once after.

It will be effective only for the one before taking the Ipill, you will need to take a second one for the intercourse you had the second time.

It should be used only as a emergency and not as a contraceptive. Your periods may be delayed for few days.

I hope, I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.

Follow-up: Unprotected sex. Has taken ipill ECP. Had sexual intercourse again. Should I take another ipill? 2 days later
Mam, According to your kind suggestion, I have not overused the i-pill i.e I had not taken the pill again. I used to have normal mens.cycle of 26-28days. So, According to that, I had my intercourse on 24th day. So, I think the chances of being pregnant may be less. Pls. tell me how much is the chances to be pregnent? Should I consult a doctor for pregnency check up? If yes, when should i go for it? Pls. tell me mam, WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW? Pls see my conditions and give me some suggestion....
I am worried....

Answered by Dr. Radhika 10 hours later

Thanks again for providing more details. This clarifies lot of issues.

You reported that your cycles are regular and happens once every 26 - 28 days. The act you had on the 24th day of menstrual cycle have very, very less chances of causing pregnancy. This implies that you need not worry about you getting pregnant. The chances of pregnancy are extremely minimal to near zero.

Further since you did take one i pill, it may cause some menstrual disturbances. There have been few women who have had delayed periods, heavy bleeding with use of just one pill. You may be worried of pregnancy again if such symptoms occur. In such cases, I suggest you to consider getting a urine pregnancy test done which will relieve you of all your worries.

Now you need not worry. You should be safe.

Hope I have cleared all your doubts. Please accept my answer if you do not have any further queries.

Follow-up: Unprotected sex. Has taken ipill ECP. Had sexual intercourse again. Should I take another ipill? 13 hours later
Thanx mam, you really helped me a lot. Just I want to have only one clearification. If condition persists, then Should I perform the urine pregnancy test myself only or should I consult to clinic or test centers......?

Answered by Dr. Radhika 10 hours later
Thanks for the follow up.

If you do not get your periods on the expected date, then you can do the urine pregnancy test at home itself 1 week after the expected date.

Take an early morning urine sample for the test.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.