Unable to sleep without taking zosert, zolfresh and alprax which is prescribed for depression. What to do?

Psychiatrist
Question
i had severe depression before one year. doctor prescribed me PRIMOLEX25 tablet. after one month he gave ZOLFRESH 10 mg only night and LONAZEP 10 MG only night till now. now
depression is fully reduced now i am taking ZOSERT 50MG ZOLFRESH 10 MG ALPRAX FORTE 0.5 mg at night. when i am taking PRIMOLEX my weight is 84 after taking remaining 3 tablets my weight is 88 i have tiredness after taking theese 3 tablets
now my problem is i cant get sleep without taking that three tablets i have BP and sugar. GLYNASE , IROVEL150, STAMLO BETA
Posted Fri, 25 Oct 2013 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
answer elaborative

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for the query

I did go through your query in detail.

I am happy to hear that your depression has reduced almost, according to you.

However, one must remember that persistent sleep disturbances following recovery from depression indicates that either the individual is in "incomplete resolution of depression" or "at risk state of depression". Therefore, in my opinion, you can discuss the following option with your doctor: of increasing zosert (which is primarily an antidepressant); taper and stop primolex (has nothing to do with depression); and continue Zolfresh (helps in sleep)

In addition, sometimes, abnormal blood sugar can give rise to sleep problems. Because you have been diagnosed as having Diabetes, I would say, there is no harm in checking your blood sugar along with Glycoselated hemoglobin (HbA1c)

Hope this helps

Follow-up: Unable to sleep without taking zosert, zolfresh and alprax which is prescribed for depression. What to do? 1 hour later
along with that i am also taking lonazep 10mg for one year does it not give any side effects?

Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
No advantage of taking lonazep

Detailed Answer:
There is no role of taking lonazep for a long period, In fact taking it for longer period is not advisable, as it might worsen depression and sleep problem etc.

Therefore, in due course, I would suggest to decrease lonazep gradually over a couple of months and stop it

Wish you all the best

Follow-up: Unable to sleep without taking zosert, zolfresh and alprax which is prescribed for depression. What to do? 2 hours later
give me any vitamin supplement tablets for depression and prescribe me any english tablets and ayurvedic tablets for depression?and i lost my brightness of face?

Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Vitamins do not help depression

Detailed Answer:

Vitamins have no role in depression treatment

If you wish to take, one can take any multivitamin tablets like becadexamine, BNC, Zincovit etc

Loosing brightness of face is a sign of depression. As depression gets better, brightness should resume. No need to worry for the same.

Follow-up: Unable to sleep without taking zosert, zolfresh and alprax which is prescribed for depression. What to do? 11 hours later
doctor i am sorry i think you did not get my question clearly.can you please suggest me any other mediciene for depression more than i am taking.prescribe me wat tablets will you give for depression

Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
increase dose of zosert

Detailed Answer:
Treatment of depression is not like treating infection where you keep changing one antibiotic after other, frequently

I think I did understand your question clearly, may be you are in a mindset of changing one medicine after other without trying one antidepressant in adequate dose

Therefore, I am of the opinion that, in your case, increasing dose of Zosert further should help, rather than changing to other drugs. And you can discuss this option with your doctor

There are host of other antidepressants available in market, they are: fluoxetine, paroxetine , escitalopram, imipramine, venlafexne etc..

Healthcare magic do not practice of writing prescription, rather it helps the client to discuss the health issue and help client to take a informed decision

Good luck