Ultrasound shows solid mass in uterus, calcified uterine fibroid. Should I be worried?

Infertility Specialist
transaction reference is 0000M
Good day. My ultrasound shows inhomogeneous echo pattern uterus. there is a solid mass in the posterior fundal wall. it also states that the uterus shows calcified uterine fibroid. the endometrium appears normal with no endometrial masses. there are bilateral small ovarian follicular cysts with largest measuring 11.2mm6.7mm. i have been trying to fall pregnant for 7 months with no luck. given the results stated above should i be worried?
Posted Wed, 26 Sep 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Hi, thanks for your query. I understand your concerns. Following is my reply: 1) The mass in uterus you are describing is fibroid. 2) It needs to be operated if it is more than 4cms in size or it is impinging on endometrium. 3) Small fibroids are not a matter of concern for getting pregnant. 4) Ovarian cysts could be simple cysts or follicles. I recommend you to repeat get transvaginal ultrasound scan on second day of your menstrual cycle. 5) This scan helps to determine if cyst has absorbed or it is a follicle. 6) You are only 30 year old. Youhavd good chance of getting pregnant. Please follow regular follicular growth scan & IUI Preferably. 7) Please get husnand's semen analysis also. I hope I answered your query. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol. IVF &Infertility specialist.
Follow-up: Ultrasound shows solid mass in uterus, calcified uterine fibroid. Should I be worried? 1 hour later
Thank you doctor. Could the multiple cysts be as a result of pcos? I have two kids with my husband. Could the cysts be a sign that maybe the follicles are not maturing therefore I might not be ovulating. Will it be advisable for my dr to start me on clomid?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 5 hours later

glad to see you back.

1) Only Multiple cysts does not suggest PCOS. If there are more than 12 follocles in each ovary. it might be PCOS.

2) If there are cysts, it is not advisable to start on clomid. Wait for the cysts to reduce ( probably next cycle) then start clomid after scan then.

I hope I answered your query. Please accept my answer if no more queries.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility specialist