Type 1 diabetes. Pain in arm under breast. Diverticulitis. Have severe arthritis. Taking Hydrocodone. Suggestions?

Question
IM HAVING MODERATE PAIN IN MY RIGHT SIDE FROM UNDER MY BREAST DOWN TO MY OVARY AND IN MY RIBS THAT RUN AROUND MY BACK THERE IS SWELLING WHERE MY GALLBLADDER USE TO BE WHEN THE DR REMOVED IT 4YRS AGO THERE WAS A TUMOR ATTACHED AND HE REMOVED IT WASNT CANCER I HAVE TYPE 1 DIABETES ADDISONS DIVERTICULITIS AND VERY BAD GERD ALSO HAVE SEVERE ARTHRITIS IM 56 I THINK I MAY HAVE THYROID PROBLEMS ALSO HAIR FALLING OUT VERY DRY SKIN BRITTLE NAILS WITH RIDGES I CAN FEEL A HARD SPOT WHERE MY LIVER IS I DONT DRINK OR SMOKE PAIN MEDS DOES NOT STOP THE PAIN IM OWN HYDROCODONE
Posted Sun, 21 Jul 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. S. Jegadeesan 2 hours later
Just to brief your history, you are suffering from Type 1 Diabetes
Pain under the right breast radiating down to the ovary and back
Addisons diverticulitis
Severe arthritis
Brittle nail with ridges
Hair falling, very dry skin
GERD
Feeling a hard spot in the liver area
You think that you may have Thyroid problem

Thyroid problem can be easily found out/ruled out by Thyroid assay.
Brittle nail with ridges, Hair falling, very dry skin may be due to age related (keratin- a protein is the common cause) + anemia.
For other problems you must be on medications

You have a h/o surgery in which a tumor attached to the gall bladder was removed 4 years back and it was not cancerous but the exact biopsy report is not known.

The points for evaluation are
1)     Pain under the right breast radiating down to the ovary and back
2)     H/O removal of a tumor attached to the gall bladder
3)     Feeling a hard spot in the liver area

Excluding, feeling a hard spot in the liver area, a renal stone may present like this.

The possibility of recurrence of the tumor and the extend of liver involvement is the main point to be ruled out. For which you need a USG abdomen + MRI Abdomen.

With the above investigations, definitely we can arrive at a diagnosis and then plan for treatment.

You are welcome to ask for any further clarification

Best wishes

Dr. S. Jegadeesan