Tubes are burned. Irregular periods, sore breasts, back pain and abdominal pain. Pregnancy test came negative

I had my tubes burned almost 9yrs ago. I am normally irregular with my period but the last 3 months I have been consistent. I am about 1 week or so late with my period-however my pre-symptoms have been extreme.. more intense than the norm. My breasts were very sore & i had cramping - extreme aches and lower back pain and also abdominal pains that radiated to my left and right side. Took 3 tests all negative. A few days ago saw a few drops of blood in my urine and a brown-pink discharge. That normally happens and than a few days after my period would come down. Its been now 3 days and no blood. I have a slight brownish discharge and notice a discharge type mucus after I urinate. My breast are not sore still cramping but not as extreme and my lower back pain is still extreme. I haven't worried about pregnancy for so many years but my body is reacting differently these past few weeks and I am beginning to worry.
Posted Thu, 14 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please perform a blood test for pregnancy.

Detailed Answer:

With a tubal burn, chances of failure are very slim, but, the risk increases as years pass as the tissue heals and there is a possibility of the re-anastomosis or rejoining of the clamped ends.

A home pregnancy test cannot give you any evidence of pregnancy before a missed period as it is less sensitive; instead, you should get your serum beta-hCG levels assessed as this test is very sensitive and specific and also gives you the diagnosis early.

Your symptoms need not be due to pregnancy; they could be pre-menstrual as well as due to some urinary tract infection. I suggest getting a urinalysis and culture test if needed since you spotted blood in urine. Please do get a sonogram-pelvic and trans-vaginal to assess the local situation.

If the pregnancy test reads negative and urinalysis is normal, you could be experiencing some amount of hormonal imbalance and you should see a specialist for further management. Please maintain a healthy body weight as this helps to correct menstrual disturbances many-a-time. In all probability, I feel it should be some urinary infection or hormonal imbalance, but not pregnancy.

Hope I have answered your query. Please contact for more information. I will be happy to help.