Treatment for constant malaise, easy bruising, lower than normal platelets?
User rating for this question
My platelets are always on the 'low side of normal'. They range from 190--220. My iron levels are all wonderful. HGB is 13.6; RBC 4.63 and HCT is a 40.1 but platelets continue to decrease. No kidney disease, NO liver disease. Thyroid issue, Hashimoto's, Type 1 Diabetic for 35 years in Humalog via a pump. Should I have my blood reviewed by a Hematologist? Constant malaise, easy bruising, and history of Lyphoma in family.
Posted Sun, 16 Mar 2014 in Blood Cancer(Leukemia)
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 8 hours later
Brief Answer: your platelets are quite okay Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for your query. These are quite normal platelet counts for me. Also as the other blood parameters are fine, I don't see a blood disorder here. Easy bruising can't be explained by these reports. Is it significant? You may consult a hematologist for the easy bruising but I don't think anything will come out of it. Family History of lymphoma doesn't change anything. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for followup.
People also viewed
- Bump on forehead and nasal congestion
- Leukemia blood test indicators
- Is hydroxyurea a cure for chronic lymphocytic leukemia
- Leukemia and cbc results
- Malaise or lethargy
- Bumps on scalp crysral meth treatment
- Small bumps corner of mouth
- Treatment and cure for malaise
- Malaise antibiotics
- Treatment for constant malaise easy bruising lower than normal platelets
- Malaise treatment
- Clear liquid bump on eyelid
- Nursing diagnosis for blood transfusion
- Cresent shaped bump on penis
- Is cll leukemia curable