Treated for thrombosed hemorrhoid. Having pain. Suggested clot liquified. Suggestions?

General Surgeon
Question
I was just at urgent care yesterday for a thrombosed hemorrhoid. The doctor lanced it and said the clot liquified? I'm still in pain and extremely uncomfortable. I've never had this before. I noticed the hemorrhoid after exercising and heavyblifting at the gym. Do I need to go back to the doctor? I have sharp pain. It seems slightly better today but it's still there. I have a bikini fitness competition coming up in 3 weeks and I'm freaking out that I can't exercise! What can I do for exercise? How long will these symptoms last. This is the 3rd day of this.
Posted Sun, 13 Oct 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Incised hemorrhoid should heal in a week.

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

Incised hemorrhoid needs some time to get healed. This area healing environment is not the perfect as stool with lots of bacteria is passing nearby. So it gets irritated and infected all over again.
Generally incision should get healed in a week or so. You can do some thing to help with this process:
- wash your rectum after every stool
- avoid constipation (increase fiber XXXXXXX products and mineral water intake)
- have sitz baths with Oak Bark twice a day
- start using OTC suppositories for hemorrhoids

This should help with healing but it wont make your hemorrhoid disappear. The only permanent solution is surgery.
Generally you can do exercises. It should not make hemorrhoid worse. However it is advisable to avoid those exercises which increase pressure in abdominal cavity.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.

Follow-up: Treated for thrombosed hemorrhoid. Having pain. Suggested clot liquified. Suggestions? 9 hours later
So this won't go away unless I have surgery?? Will it continue to be painful till then?

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
It will get healed by itself.

Detailed Answer:
It will get healed and stop aching by itself (please try treatment mentioned above).
But the lump will be still present and blood cot can reappear. Surgery needs to be done in the future (when the wound will be healed).

Regards.

Follow-up: Treated for thrombosed hemorrhoid. Having pain. Suggested clot liquified. Suggestions? 57 minutes later
It does seem to be a little better today and smaller in size. Thank you for your help and prompt response.I will follow up with my doctor to discuss further treatment in the future.

Kind Regards

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome.

Detailed Answer:
Hope you will get well soon.