Treated for h pylori. On methadone for back pain. Have hemorrhoid and constipation. Colonoscopy normal

Average

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Question
Had h pylori-January-treated and resolved. I get tickling in my anus. It seems to be very sensitive. Feel like i got to pass gas but cannot. Feels like I go to defecate sometimes but do not need to. I am very nervous about this and suffer anxiety. I take methadone for pain in back. Use stool softners and 80 oz water. Milk of Mag as back-up. Just started this. Colonoscopy normal. Have a hemmoroid on anus.plus Intereior thrombosed healing hemoroid found on scope. I have had lower back surgery. Had Dr of Physiatry do pin feeling test -passed. I have had hard stools in past. Sometimes the tickle is a pressure.
Posted Thu, 28 Mar 2013 in Constipation

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 12 hours later
Hi

Thanks for writing in

The sensation of passing gas and stool and yet not able to do so is due to inflammation of the mucosa

I would suggest you add a probiotic to the diet twice a day

If that does not wotk go for a stool report

Hemorrhoids are secondary to constipation treat constiation by adding fiber in the diet

If the piles grow get operated

Hope this hels
Do write in case of concern
Wishing you a healthy life ahead

Follow-up: Treated for h pylori. On methadone for back pain. Have hemorrhoid and constipation. Colonoscopy normal 50 minutes later
Is there a way I can tell if the heemoroid that did not thrombose is exterior or interior How long will a thrombosed hemoroid take to heal and has that anything to do with with mucosa
Wednday they did the colonscope and endo. Had to do prep. Next two days I took milk of mag-this mess me up. They took biopsy and found no h pylori

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 25 hours later
Hi

If u had gone for a colonoscoy you would have had the diagnosis of hemorrhoids if they were
Present

If no h pylori found it is good you may continue avoiding junk and fermented and spicy meals

Hope this helps
Do write back if you have doubts

Get well soon