Treated for chlamydia and gohneria. Started itchy feeling in urethra. What is the problem?

I have an itching feeling in my urethra.. 2 months ago i had been treated for chlamydia and gohneria (ended up positive for chlamydia), and again over a month ago cause i had this itching. After I took the second course of antibiotics, it still itches sometimes and it has me paranoid. No discharge, doesn't burn to pee, Just a slight itch. (the anti-biotic i took the first round was 4 small red ones and two larger white ones, and the second time around i took doxycycline 200mg a day for 7 days).
Posted Mon, 12 Nov 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 37 minutes later

Welcome and thanks for your query to XXXXXXX
First and foremost, I would like to reassure you that this not a dreadful disease or cancer.
You been adequately treated for chlamydia and the course is sufficient.
It is worthwhile giving more time and wait for symptoms to subside.
As long as there is no discharge or ulcer there is no need to worry.
Last but not the least, it is wise to protect against STD.

Wishing you best health,