Transvaginal pelvic ultrasound says uterus lies towards the upper limits of normal of heterogeneous texture. Meaning?
User rating for this question
I received the results of a transvaginal pelvic ultrasound today. It says my uterus lies towards the upper limits of normal of heterogeneous texture. The endometrium is of normal thickness measuring 12mm. Is there any need for concern? Previously I had a 17mm fibroid which was not detected during this ultrasound. I did present for ultrasound on the day prior to menstruation. I am 45 years of age and have had two children.
Posted Sun, 16 Jun 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 19 minutes later
hello, the ultrasound report is more or less ok. The uterus lining being 12mm is on the higher side but that depends on the time in the cycle. Right before menstruation the endometrial lining is supposed to be thicker. So if you took the test at that time, its fine. Rest of the report seems ok. It would also depend on why you took the ultrasound. On what your complaint was.
Follow-up: Transvaginal pelvic ultrasound says uterus lies towards the upper limits of normal of heterogeneous texture. Meaning? 1 hour later
Thank you so much. I feel a little relieved now. My doctor is very thorough and suggested I take the ultrasound because I had been feeling bloated and slightly nauseous. I had a urine test at the same time and it came up with a bladder infection caused by the ecoli bacteria. My last ultrasound (2 years ago) came up with a uterine fybroid (very small) and this was undetected on this ultrasound. I began my menstral cycle the day after the ultrasound was performed. I have been worried about uterine cancer.
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 8 minutes later
People also viewed
- Calcification uterus pelvic ultrasound
- Sore labia minora dryness swelling sexually active treatment options
- Dryness in clitoris slight itching burning vagina while urinating cause
- Different types of physical illness
- Pelvic ultrasound with rough uterus
- Pain and pressure in stomach uterus anteverted multiple fibroids meaning
- What does transvaginal pelvic ultrasound finding mean
- Diet for high ferritin levels
- Labia swelling applied monistat home remedies
- Salt and pepper skull differential
- Uterus lining discharge during period
- Watery diarrhea vomiting no fever
- Abnormal uterus pelvic ultrasound
- Result of a normal uterus ultrasound
- Did vaginoplasty have hypoplastic uterus is there a treatment